Once again I had the opportunity to rave about my experience at Montgomery College. I realize it was a very unique experience as I was selected to be a part of the Montgomery Scholars Program, however, the college community, the professors and the classes offered broadened my horizons. I met my college buddies for life, learned from their international perspectives and gained experiences usually reserved for upper classmen at 4-year institutions.
- Trip to Harper’s Ferry
- Studying Philosophy, Music, Literature and History from 4 professors in a single lesson twice a week
- Philo Cafes: Friday afternoon tea parties discussing philosophy at the professor’s house
- Salsa nights every Friday with Rachel, Ezequiel and Alison.
- Living it up for a summer at the University of Cambridge, England. Classes and lectures were amazing, but learned as much or more outside of class, meeting people from around the world and traveling.
- Bringing our professors out clubbing with us!
- Traveling with my buddies to Austria, Italy, Spain and France. Weekends in London were unforgettable!
- Capstone: Research thesis on Amazonian politics of oil titled AMAZON GLOBALIZED:: Winners or losers of globalization: Ecuador’s Oil Giants v. Indigenous movements
- Winning the regional Beacon Conference with my Capstone
…and so much more! I miss my family of scholars. You will all remain in my heart always and forever.